Day 1: Trip towards the West. The coastal town of Nafpaktos and the mountainsEarly in the morning you leave Athens and travel westwards till the city of Nafpaktos (about 2h45min, mostly in highways). It is a picturesque coastal town with a Medieval castle and a fortified fishing port; the Venetian Lepanto certainly worth a short visit. You continue now towards the mountains of the region of Nafpaktia and after about 1h30min you reach your destination. In the afternoon you will go on your first hike, in the fir and chestnut mixt forest around the picturesque village of Ano Chora. 2 overnights in traditional Guesthouse.
Total transfer: 275 km, 4h
Hiking: 1-4h, 2-8km, simple
Day 2: Hiking through the gorge of KakavosAfter a good Greek breakfast, you go hiking on an old connection path, partly still paved, through the spectacular Kakavos Gorge, towards the village of Ampelakiotisa. Transfer back to Ano Chora.
Hiking: 11km, 4h, +440m/-440m, moderate
Alternative 1 for Day 2: The mountain peaks of NafpaktiaToday you can climb the peak of Tsakalaki; at 1712m, in a forth and back scenic hike from/to the village of Ano Chora.
Hiking: 13km, 5h, +730m/-80m, moderate
Alternative2 for Day 2: Long hike on Mt. TsekouraToday you go hiking on Tsekoura Mountain, at 1726m, from Ano Chora to Kryoneria.
Transfer back to Ano Chora.
Hiking: 17km, 8h, +1322m/-1203m, moderate
Day 3: Journey in Central Greece on the way back to AthensIn the morning we leave the village of Ano Chora. You travel through the mountainous roads of Central Greece; you pass by the artificial lake of Mornos and reach the sea near Itea. You continue towards Delphi where you have the opportunity to visit the archeological site; an UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. Eventually you return to Athens.
Total transfer: 300 km, 5h45min
HIKING- 2 hiking days (possibility for 3)
- Simple – moderate hikes, suitable for beginners
- Perfect for families with yang children
- Possibility of demanding hikes, for experienced hikers
RATESFrom 230 EUR in double room, with all transfers included from/to Athens
From 90 EUR in double room, if you use your own vehicle
SERVICES- Accommodation: 2 nights in traditional guesthouse in Ano Chora
- Good Greek breakfast
- All transfers
- Local guide for the hikes
- Professional liability insurance
- VAT 24% and all taxes
OPTIONAL SERVICES- Private vehicle with driver-guide from/to Athens
- Car rental from/to Athens
- Lunch and diner
- Cultural guide for the Archeological site of Delphi
NOT INCLUDED- Personal travel insurance
- Other meals than breakfast
- Cultural guide in Delphi
- Snacks, drinks, tips
- Entry fees to museums and archeological sites
- Everything is not included in the “services” paragraph
NOTES- You are already in West Greece. The Ionian Islands are very near. How about continuing your activity holidays in Ithaka or Cephalonia?
- West Greece is also perfect for eco-tours; wetlands, lakes, river deltas…
- How about history tours, walking, birdwatching, boating, rafting or kayak? Ask for our West Greece adventures.
- There is also a 2-days version of this tour!
- Ano Chora