Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully the following Terms and Conditions, which describe responsibilities and obligations of the traveler and GNOSIS ACTIVE TRAVEL - ACTIVE HOLIDAYS IN GREECE, for any travel products, services or programs booked with us or via us. All participants to our programs, as individual travelers or members of a group, having booked the trip directly or via a co-traveler or via a travel agent / tour operator, are subjected to the following Terms and Conditions.
GNOSIS ACTIVE TRAVEL - ACTIVE HOLIDAYS IN GREECE: “we”, “the/our Agency”, “the/our Company”, “us”, “our”
“Program”, “tour”, “trip”: the travel products, services or programs booked with us or via us
“Traveler”, “participant”, "guest": the person travelling and participate to our programs
“You”, “the Client”: the person (the traveler himself or a group leader) or the agency/tour operator that made the booking and the holiday contract
“Terms”: Terms and Conditions appearing in this section
1. OUR AGENCYOur agency, Gnosis Active Travel -Active Holidays in Greece, is a licenced travel agency by the Greek National Tourism Organization (G.N.T.O.) with registration number: 0206Ε60000750301 and registered by the General Commercial Registry (GEMI) under the No. 151298603000. The seat of the agency is at 131 Veikou Str., 11741 Koukaki - Athens, Greece and it is a general partnership (E. Tsampouraki - K. Koutsoukos - G. Tsampourakis GP), with legal representative Elpida Tsampouraki-Georgiou.
2. CLIENTS - OBLIGATIONSClients are the travelers: all participants to our programs, as individuals or as members of a group, having booked the trip directly or via a travel agent.
(i) The travelers participating in group tours, must show the appropriate social behavior, comply with the program and be on time for every scheduled event. For services lost due to the client’s fault no compensation is entitled.
(ii) The travelers are responsible for the validity of any travel document (passports, visas, vaccination certificates etc.) required for their entire journey. The failure to ensure the necessary travel documents is not a cancellation cause and is subjected to cancellation fees.
(iii) The travelers should study the detailed excursion program and the terms of participation. Ignorance of the program and the participation terms is not justified and, when a traveler creates problems in the proper functioning of the tour, entitles the tour leader or our local representative to disregard the inconsistent traveler.
(iv) The travelers agree to accept the authority and decisions of the Company’s employees, tour leaders and agents whilst on tour with the Company.
(v) If a traveler is affected by a condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect him/her or affect other people’s enjoyment or active participation of the tour, he/she must advise us at the time of booking.
3. HOLIDAY CONTRACTThe Client upon registration or by depositing the advance in our bank account, directly or via a representative (a tour leader or a travel agent / tour operator), automatically accepts all Terms of participation, entering a holiday contract with GNOSIS ACTIVE TRAVEL.
When the booking is made through a representative (over 18 years old), the representative agrees on behalf of all the participants that: he/she has read and accepted all Terms of participation and has the authority and consents to our use of information in accordance with our Privacy Polic.
For adventure holidays, the representative agrees on behalf of all the participants that he/she understands and accepts risks invorving in adventure travel.
A binding contract between the Agency and the Client comes into existence when we send by e-mail, a Booking Confirmation and Invoice to you. As soon as you receive the confirmation / invoice, you must check if all the details appearing thereon are correct and notify immediately the Agency in order to correct possible mistakes. Names on travel documents must exactly match those in the travelers’ passports!
The contract, including all matters arising from it, is subjected to Greek law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Greek Courts.
4. RATESRates appearing in our web site are per person. A full list of Included and Not Included Services are noted in the grey box below the Itinerary of each program.
All prices are in EURO.
Rates are calculated for an average number of participants and indicative dates (usually middle season), they are accurate at the date they have been published and we reserve the right to modify them at any time.
Before your booking, we give you the final cost of the trip you chose, the dates, any additional services or upgraded facilities requested.
After the confirmation of your booking we reserve the right to impose surcharges, but only for reasons arising from unexpected increases in transportation, fuel costs, taxes etc. In such case, we will notify you the soonest possible. If the increase is greater than 10% of the price of the booked tour, the client may either accept the change or cancel the booking without incurring any penalty except for any amendment charges. In that case (cancelation), the Client must notify the Agency within a week of the notice of the increase, or else it is consider that the price change is accepted.
5. BOOKINGBooking, directly by telephone or e-mail or via our booking form in our webside, or through a partner travel agency / tour operator, is valid under the following conditions:
(i) The Client has deposit to our bank account:
- For a scheduled or private group tour, 30%€ of the confirmed price per person.
- For a tailor-made trip, a deposit of 30-50% of the confirmed price per person.
- If we book your flight tickets: 10-30%€ of the confirmed price per person plus the total coast of the airfares.
- For some destinations and top season, it may be possible to ask you higher advance deposit.
The rest of the payment is arranged 45-30 days before the trip.
Please take in consideration the post and transfer times.
(ii) If the booking is made 45-30 days or less before departure, the total amount must be paid in order to validate your booking.
(iii) The Client has read and accepted the Terms and Conditions appearing in this section and general information contained on our website and/or in our brochure. Payment of the advance, in any way, shall be presumed as the unconditional acceptance of these terms by the traveler.
(iv) If the booking is made through a travel agency / tour operator or a group leader, this person or organization warrants that has full authority to entering a holiday contract with our Agency, on behalf of all persons whose names appear thereon, and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and accept these conditions.
(v) The Client or anyone else on the booking does not suffer (or has ever suffered) from any pre-existing medical condition which may prevent them from actively participating in the tour.
(vi) The Client appreciates, on behalf of all the people included in the booking, the risks involved in active or adventure trip.
6. PAYMENT- The balance of all moneys due, including any surcharges, must be paid to our Agency not later than 45-30 days before departure. The non-payment of the balance by the deadline is automatically considered as cancellation of the booking by the Client and cancelation fees will be charged.
- If the booking is made 45-30 days before departure, the total amount must be paid in order to validate your booking.
- Clients may pay by wire transfer or by credit card. All payments are charged in euro.
(i) For wire transfer, you can deposit the amount in our bank account:
|Bank :||National Bank of Greece|
|SWIFT / BIC:||ETHNGRAA|
|Beneficiary :||E TSAMPOURAKI K KOUTSOUKOS G TSAMPOURAKIS|
- If you pay for the entire group you cover your own bank charges where applicable.
- If you pay as individual or up to 4 persons, you cover the all the bank charges.
(ii) For online payments by credit card, a unique paymend link will be sent to you.
Either through the secured site of National Bank of Greece (not possible for American Express or Diners). The client covers the respective additional charges.
Either through STRIPE or PAYPAL. The client covers the respective additional charges.
7. CANCELLATION(7a) BY THE AGENCY
The Agency reserves the right to cancel a tour in any circumstances but will not less than 30 days before the scheduled departure, except due to force majeure, security reasons.
Force majeure is war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, technical or maintenance problems with transport, changes imposed by rescheduling or cancellation of flights by an airline or other similar events beyond our control. The Agency has no obligation to further compensation. The Agency is not responsible for any penalty charges associated with connecting air fares, in the event of a change to a tour departure time, date or cancellation.
- If a tour is cancelled due to the failure to complete the minimum number of participants (where required), we will notify you at least 30 days prior the scheduled departure. In such cases, the Agency will either refund the amount paid (except visas, vaccinations or associated costs) or offer an alternative tour or offer the client a new price based on the number of bookings in order to perform the tour as scheduled.
- If the Client fails to pay the final balance within the deadlines, the Agency reserves the right to cancel his booking.
(7b) BY THE CLIENT
When the Client decides to cancel a reservation, cancellation fees will be imposed. Cancellation fees are calculated, from the day of the written notification by the Agency, as a percentage of the total price, as shown, plus any surcharges, or the non-refundable deposit, whichever is greater:
i) 10 days after the booking only retention of 50€ per person for administration fees
ii) 30 and more days before the departure – retention of advance deposit (min 50€ per person)
iii) 29-15 days before the departure – 40% of the total price
iv) 14-08 days before the departure – 60% of the total price
v) 07 days or less before the departure – 80-100%
Changes of scheduled flights by the airlines or timetables/routes by ferry companies, substitution of hotels by others of the same or higher class and possible program modifications that do not substantially change the character of the trip, do not constitute cancellation reasons without cancellation fees. Diseases, medical procedures or accidents do not constitute cancellation reasons without cancellation fees. Traveler who is prevented from participate in the excursion, may transfer his booking to another person after notifying in good time the Agency. His replacement automatically acquires the same rights and obligations.
8. PROGRAM MODIFICATIONS(8a)BY THE AGENCY
While our Agency does its best to operate all tours as advertised, reasonable changes in the itinerary may be made considered necessary or advisable by the Agency. The Agency reserves the right to change any of the facilities, services described in the website and/or the brochure before a booking is made. Any known significant change will be acquainted to the client at the time of booking.
If significant changes are made after the booking but prior to the departure, that alter the character of the trip, the client will have the choice of accepting it, purchasing an alternative tour or cancelling the tour and obtaining a full refund.
The tour leader has the right, aiming to the travelers’ security and also to the optimum performance of the tour, in case of any unpredictable incident or due to force majeure, to make adjustments to the program. In such cases, all additional expenses (ex. overnights, meals, transportation) arising from the above, are paid by the travelers, as long as it becomes clear that these changes were impossible to prevent. If, due to force majeure the program is interrupt, our Agency will do every effort to refund the travelers for the services they did not received.
The agency is not responsible for failure of visiting museums and excavation sites due to strikes, holidays or reasons of force major.
(8b) BY THE CLIENT
If you choose to change any of the details or date of the trip, after confirmation, we will charge an administration fee of 50€ per booking, in order to make the changes requested, subjected to availability. In addition, the Client will be charged with any alteration, whether the change concerns an existing booking or a change to another tour or departure date, and will also be charged with any costs imposed by any of the services suppliers. If the program to which you are transferred is more expensive than the one originally booked, a further deposit will also be payable.
If you are unable to travel, you may transfer your booking to another person, subject to the following:
You must notify the Agency within a reasonable time prior to the departure
Your request is accompanied by all the original travel documents which you have received and the full name and address of the transferee.
The transferee must fulfill any conditions that apply to the booking
Payment by you of an administrative fee of 30€ per person plus payment of all costs possibly imposed to us by any of the services suppliers.
If you are unable to transfer your booking to another person, we will only retain the initial deposit and try our best to avoid any further cancellation fees. However, if any of our suppliers imposes cancellation fees, these are payable by you.
9. TRAVEL AND CANCELLATION INSURANCEThe Client is responsible for the adequate personal travel insurance. The travel insurance is not mandatory for the Clients participating to tours organized by our Agency, though it is recommended. The personal property of the Client, including baggage are, at any time, exclusively his responsibility. The Agency has no responsibility for and in no event shall be liable for loss or damage of valuables or other personal belongings left in or on facilities used during the trip such as hotels, restaurants, museums, sites, ferries, buses etc. The Client should ensure that his travel insurance contract has neither exclusion clauses nor limitations related to the type of activities included in the trip. The clients must satisfy themselves that any such insurance is what they require and clients should arrange supplementary insurance if need be.
10. LIABILITY INSURANCEThe Agency, as tour operator, holds a Professional Liability Insurance contract with AXA. The Client acknowledges and accepts that there may be no policy covering the Agency’s liability to its Clients for death, injury, damage or loss occurring anywhere in the world. The Client also specifically acknowledges that with respect to passenger accident liability cover this cover may be very limited or may not exist at all. The Client acknowledges that the Agency has done every reasonable step in safeguarding its liability. Although the Agency does hold various insurances, this booking condition states that the client must assume he/she is not covered by any Agency insurance policy, including all liability insurance, for death, injury, damage or any other loss.
11. HOLIDAY PARTICIPATIONClients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the people of the Agency, tour leaders and partners during their participation in our tours. If in the opinion of such persons the health, level of fitness or conduct of a Client at any time before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy performance of a tour, the Client may be excluded from the entire or part of the tour without refund or recompense. In case of health problem, the Agency may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs from the Client. If a Client commits an illegal act, he may be excluded from the tour and the Agency ceases to have responsibility to/for them. If you are affected by a condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect you or affect other people’s enjoyment or active participation of the tour, you must advise us at the time of booking. No refund will be given for any unused services.
12. PASSPORTS, VISAS AND VACCINATIONSClients are responsible for arranging, and must be in possession of, a valid passport and any visas and vaccination certificates required for the whole of their journey. Information we give you about these matters or related items (climate, clothing, baggage, personal gear etc) is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of the Agency. The Agency carries no liability if you are refused entry onto any transport due to failure on your part to carry all required documentation. If your failure to have any necessary travel or other documents results in fines, surcharges or other financial penalty being imposed on us, you will be responsible for reimbursing us accordingly.
Before booking your trip, we recommend you to consult the website of the Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs for updated information on visa requirements.
13. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR HOLIDAYClients’ bookings are accepted on the understanding that they appreciate the possible risks inherent in active and adventure travel and that they undertake the tours or activities featured in our programs at their own volition. Due to political and cultural differences, as well as generally tougher physical conditions, travel to many areas of the world involves risks other than those we take in our daily lives. The Agency place extreme importance on the safety of the travelers. It is important, however, that travelers realize that they are responsible for making themselves aware of the risks involved, and are responsible for making their decisions accordingly.
- No refund will be made for any unused services which are included in the price.
- The Agency shall not be liable for any delays, deviations or missions from any tour caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control, nor for any direct or indirect consequences thereto.
- The Agency shall not be liable to compensate clients for associated expenses incurred as a result of their booking.
- The Agency only acts as agent for the owners, contractors, suppliers of transportation and local operators, and/or other related travel services provided and assumes no liability or responsibility for additional expenses howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly from the actions or omissions of such independent parties, accidents, loss or damage to person or property, delays, transport failures, strikes, war, force majeure, Acts of God etc, over which it has no control. Arrangements so made by the Agency will be subject to any special terms imposed by the supplier of these services.
- The Agency accepts no liability for any action or activity undertaken by the client arranged independently of the Agency while on tour.
- The Agency accepts no liability for any circumstance arising pursuant to the agreement constituted by acceptance of these conditions by the client, except:
a) where such circumstance derives directly from a failure by the Agency to use due diligence in the selection of persons for whom it acts as agent; or
b) for negligence on the part of its employees causing death or personal injury; or
c) to the extent of recovery by the client under the insurance cover effected pursuant to these conditions.
14. ADVENTURE TRAVEL - ACCEPTANCE OF RISKThe client acknowledges that the nature of adventure tours may involve a significant amount of risk to clients’ health and/or safety. To the full extent permissible by law the client hereby assumes all such risk and does hereby release our Agency from all claims and causes of action arising from any damages or injuries or death resulting from the risks inherent in adventure travel, visiting foreign destinations, and participating in activities such as those included in our programs.
Issue date: November 2019
GNOSIS ACTIVE TRAVEL - ACTIVE HOLIDAYS IN GREECE
131 Veikou Str., 11741 Koukaki - Athens, Greece
Greek National Tourism Organization (G.N.T.O) Registration Number: 0206Ε60000750301
General Commercial Registry (GEMI) Registration No. 151298603000