Day 1: Welcome in mountainous Arcadia!Transfer to Stemnitsa; the town of silversmith. A picturesque historical village with stone mansions and typical stone paved alleys, overlooking the high cliffs of Lousios Gorge; built on the site of the ancient Arcadian city of Hypsous, at an altitude of 1080 m. Overnight in Stemnitsa.
Transfer: Athens – Tripolis – Stemnitsa, approx. 3 h / 200 km
Day 2: The spectacular gorge of Lousios River
Day 3: A beautiful hike through West Mainalon forest
Day 4: Walking along the Mylaon Stream
Hiking: Elati – Vytina - Nymfasia, 14.1 km, 4h, + 475m / - 670m, simple-moderate
Day 5: Kernitsa Monastery, Sfyrida Hermitage and the highest inhabited village of the PeloponneseTransfer to Nymfasia (4 km, 10 min). Through a beautiful oak wood, you walk down to Kernitsa Bridge and after crossing Milaon Stream the trail leads to the modern monastic complex of the Kernitsa. You hike through the dense fir forest towards the impressive hermitage of Sfyrida; built against the steep slopes. Waking through beautiful landscapes, you eventually reach the quiet picturesque stone village of Magouliana; at the altitude of 1240m, it is today the highest inhabited village of the Peloponnese! You walk through the alleys of this traditional settlement and you continue your hike on a path that follows a riverbed with abundant vegetation towards Valtesiniko; another traditional stone village with impressive churches and a monumental old school building. Overnight in Valtesiniko.
Hiking: Nymfasia – Magouliana – Valtesiniko, 16km, 5hmin, + 845m / - 625m, moderate
Day 6: Change of scenery: From the dense forest to the eroded hillsToday you walk on old mule tracks and dirt roads, passing by points with splendid view, especially to the high mountains in the north. You cross several meadows and once more the dense fir forest. Then the scenery changes: You hike on the Langadia Mountains. Abandoned fields, lonely meadows and eroded hills characterize the landscape. Eventually you arrive at Langadia; an impressive stone village built in a panoramic position, on the brink of a precipice, at an altitude of 1000 m. Overnight in Langadia.
Hiking: Valtesiniko – Langadia, 14.8km, 4h30min, + 610m / - 805m, moderate
Day 7: Farewell!This unforgettable trekking experience to the mountainous heart of the Peloponnese ends. During the day, transfer to Athens or following tour*.
Transfer: Langadia – Tripolis – Athens, 3 h / 220 km approx.
Alternative day 7: Visit of Ancient OlympiaTransfer to Olympia. Visit to the museum and the Archaeological site. Overnight in Olympia or Katakolon.
Transfer: Lagadia – Ancient Olympia, 1 h 25 min / 62 km
HIKING- 5 hiking days / 5 moderate to demanding hikes
- Not intended for professional athletes though a good shape is required.
- Equipment: hiking boots, hiking sticks (very useful), day backpack, raincoat. Depending on the season additional equipment may be recommended.
RATESFrom 285 EUR in double room
Single room supplement: 115 EUR
SERVICES- Accommodation: 6 nights in hotel or traditional guesthouses
- Roadbook and GPS tracks
- Transfers to the starting point of the hike / from the ending point of the hike, where required
- 24/7 emergency contact
- Professional liability insurance
- VAT 24% and all taxes
OPTIONAL SERVICES- Transfers from/to Athens or Tripoli
- Guide for the hikes
- Car rental from/to Athens or Tripoli
- Alternative day 7, visit to Anc. Olympia and overnight
- Single room or triple room
NOT INCLUDED- Personal travel insurance
- Other meals than breakfast
- Snacks, drinks, tips
- Everything is not included in the “services” paragraph
NOTE- Simplified version of this trekking tour is also available.
- It is also possible not to change accommodation. In that case, you stay every night in Vytina and you get transferred every morning to the starting point of the day’s hike and every evening from the end of the path. Transfers: Vytina - Stemnitsa: 30km / 40min, Vytina - Zygovysti: 26km / 35min, Vytina - Elati: 9km / 15min, Vytina - Nymfasia: 4km / 5min, Vytina - Magouliana: 11km / 15min, Vytina - Valtesiniko: 19km / 25min, Vytina - Langadia: 23km / 25min