Early in the morning you meet our team and pick up your bikes and equipment in front of our offices in Koukaki, in Athens historical center. You ride through authentic neigbourhoods of Athens towards the port of Piraeus. However, t is possible to take the subway (line 3) from Thisio or Petralona, with your bikes. You take the ferry towards Aegina and you arrive there after about 1h30min. You go cycling through the beautiful landscapes of the island over hills and along coasts.
A. Cycling to the Sanctuary of Aphaia and, via Agia Marina and Anitseo to the sanctuary of Hellanios Zeus. [40 km, +570m/-570m, moderate]. Opportunity for a hike: ascent to Oros (531 m, +280m/-280m) with magnificent view from the chapel on the pick. Eventually you return to the Neoclassical town.
B. Cycling tour at the north of the island, where you will have the oportunity to visit monasteries, ancient and medieval ruins. You return to the town of Aegina via Souvala [30 km, +460m/-460m, moderate].
C. Starting left from Aigina we go Uphill to visit and hike Mt.Hellanios, and afterwards we continiue our cycling through Pine forest and dirt roads, towards Aphaia's Ancient temple, St Nectarios Monastery ,a byzantine castle and then back again to Aegina Main town.
You catch the last ferry that brings you back to the port of Piraeus and you eventually return to Athens downtown.
- The masterpiece of Aphaia's Temple
- The short optional hike on Mt. Oros
- Cycling through the peaceful landscapes of the pistachio island
- The picturesque Neoclassical town of Aegina
- St. Nektarios Monastery
- Chrysoleontissa Monastery
RATES per personFrom 89 EUR
SERVICES- Ferry tickets Piraeus - Aegina, Aegina - Piraeus
- Well maintained or new bicycles, from/to Athens downtown
- Detailed roadbook incl. GPS tracks
- Professional liability insurance
- All legal taxes
OPTIONAL SERVICES- E-bike (with supplement)
- Tour Leader for the whole tour (supplement depends on the number of participants)
NOT INCLUDED- Accommodation
- Meals / snacks / drinks
- Entree fees in museums or excavation sites
REMARKS:Online direct booking is only available for the e-bike self-guided version, from 110 EUR per person, according the number of cyclists.