- - The masterpiece of Aphaia's Temple
- - The short optional hike on Mt. Oros
- - Cycling through the peaceful landscapes of the pistachio island
- - The picturesque Neoclassical town of Aegina
- - St. Nektarios Monastery
- - Chrysoleontissa Monastery
- - Palaeochora
GUIDED OR SELF GUIDED.
Early in the morning you meet our team and pick up your bikes. You take the ferry towards Aegina and you arrive there after 1h30min. You go cycling through the beautiful landscapes of the island over hills and along coasts.
A. Cycling to the Sanctuary of Aphaia and, via Agia Marina and Anitseo to the sanctuary of Hellanios Zeus. [40 km, +570m/-570m, moderate]. Opportunity for a hike: ascent to Oros (531 m, +280m/-280m) with magnificent view from the chapel on the pick. Eventually you return to the Neoclassical town.
B. Cycling tour at the north of the island, where you will have the oportunity to visit monasteries, ancient and medieval ruins. You return to the town of Aegina via Souvala [30 km, +460m/-460m, moderate].
C. Starting left from Aigina we go Uphill to visit and hike Mt.Hellanios, and afterwards we continiue our cycling through Pine forest and dirt roads, towards Aphaia's Ancient temple, St Nectarios Monastery ,a byzantine castle and then back again to Aegina Main town.
You catch the last ferry that brings you back to the port of Piraeus.
RATES87 EUR self-guided tour
129 EUR with a tour leader for the whole tour
SERVICES- Ferry tickets Piraeus - Aegina, Aegina - Piraeus
- Well maintained or new trekking bicycles, from/to Athens downtown or the port of Piraeus
- Tour Leader for the whole tour and the cycling or Roadbook for the self-guided version
- Professional liability insurance
- VAT 24% and all applicable taxes
OPTIONAL SERVICES- Cultural guide for the archeological sites
- E-bike (supplement: 12 - 25 EUR)
NOT INCLUDED- Accommodation
- Other snacks / drinks
- Entree fees in museums or excavation sites