Day 1: WelcomeAt the port of Piraeus, you will meet our team, about one (1) hour prior the departure of your ferry. Trip to Paros. Check in at your hotel in Parikia; the island capital. 3 overnights.
Day 2: Cycling to the north of the island of Paros
Day 3: Cycling on the southwest of Paros and the island of Antiparos
Day 4: An early Christian church. Cycladic idols and archaic statues. Chora of NaxosIn the morning you have time for your last explorations in Parikia, where you can visit the Paleochristian church of Panagia Katapoliani and the archeological museum. Around noon your ferry departs towards Naxos (45min). You can go for you first cycling tour in Naxos directly from the ferry or just check in at your hotel, go for swimming and sunbathing at the nearby beach and then for an orientation walk in the traditional settlement. The best sunset view is from the Portara; the “Great Door” of Apollo’s sanctuary that stands over the ruins of the ancient temple. 4 overnights in Chora or Agios Georgios.
Cycling: 23 km, + 400m / - 400m, simple - moderate
Day 5: Cycling to the SW of Naxos and along its exotic west coastAfter breakfast, you go cycling through the inland and also along the west coastline of Naxos. You cross the fertile plane towards the archeological site of Iria, with the excavation of Dionysus’s sanctuary. Through the picturesque villages of Agios Arsenios and Tripodes you soon reach the highest point of the day; at 170m. After a long, panoramic downhill ride you reach the Bay of Aliko with its beautiful sandy beach, where you can swim at its crystalline turquoise waters. Dunes, cades trees and tamarisks characterize the landscape and form a unique and also protected ecosystem. Now you bike along the west coast; vast exotic sandy beaches and sparkling blue sea and eventually, through Agia Anna you return to Agios Georgios and Chora.
Cycling: 40km, + 220m / -220m, moderate
Day 6: Recuperation day or hiking opportunity or optional excursionToday you can just relax by the beach next to your hotel or one of the beaches you visited on day 5, or you can go hiking in the inland or climb Mt. Zas; the highest peak of the Cyclades at 1001m. It is also possible to go on a day excursion to the island of Delos; probably the most important historical site of the Aegean Sea.
Hiking: 8 - 10km, 2h30-3h, easy - moderate
Day 7: Biking through the impressive inland of NaxosYou bike on an asphalt road towards Melanes. You visit the "Kouros of Flerio"; the ancient marble statue of a young man in a beautiful garden. You pass by the village of Kinidaros with its marble quarries, to reach the highest point for the day (480m). Near the village of Moni you can visit the Byzantine church of Panagia Drossiani. On the plateau of Tragaea you can admire centennial olive trees and Venetian family towers. You travers the village of Chalki and after a while, on a hill, you can see the ruins of the fortress of Epano Kastro. After traversing the villages of Potamia valley, you return to Chora.
- 40km, 600m ↑↓, asphalt with small dirt sections, moderate, B
Day 8: Farewell!Today this unforgettable experience to the Greek Islands ends. You catch the ferry to Piraeus (morning or evening) where you will meet again our team. Farewell!
- Parikia with the early Christian church of Panagia Katapoliani and its traditional habitat
- The traditional inland villages
- Naousa and the old fishing port
- The church of Panagia Katapoliani
- The cave with its stalactite-decoration
- The medieval fortified habitat
- The Castle of Chora
- The sunset from the Portara
- The beautiful cycling tours
- The exotic west coast
- The kouros in the garden of Flerio
- The picturesque inland villages
- The Archeological Museum
- 4-5 bicycle moderate tours
- Possibility for 1-2 hikes if you feel like walking as well
- This tour is not addressed to professional athletes but to amateurs in a good shape.
From 638 €
- 7 overnights in good well-located middle-class hotels
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Ferry tickets Piraeus-Paros, Paros-Naxos, Naxos-Piraeus
- Well maintained or new trekking bicycle (from/to the port of Piraeus)
- Luggage transportation on the islands (port-hotel, hotel-port)
- Professional liability insurance
- VAT 24%
- Bicycle with electric assistance (e-bike)
- Day excursion to Delos
- Single or triple or family room
- Accommodation in Athens or Piraeus before or after the tour
- Transfers in Athens or Piraeus
- Holidays extension in the Cyclades
- Flights to/from Athens/Greece
- Ferry Paros-Antiparos-Paros (buy on the spot)
- Guide or Tour leader (possible upon request)
- Admissions to museums and excavations
- Meals other than breakfast
- Drinks/Beverages, tips, other extras
- Personal travel insurance
Ready for more?
Ask for our cycling & hiking version of this Cyclades holiday!